Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Juli Thiessen - Apparel Summer Internship Part 1

I worked in the Sears Apparel Offices in San Francisco, CA. My internship was a Buyer Apprentice Internship where I worked directly with a buying team within Sears Holdings. This Sears office building was opened in 2004 and serves as the apparel buying offices for both Sears and Kmart.  I was assigned to specifically intern with Sears Ready to Wear. There were found interns total, two with Kmart and two with Sears. Working for the Sears Ready to Wear department I worked with the Women’s Brand, Laura Scott. This was a 10 week program consisting of training classes, apparel buying topic lessons, hands-on learning, job shadowing and interviewing, daily tasks, and personal responsibilities within the company.

 

This field study was a full time commitment and I worked eight hours a day. Therefore, I was able to learn and experience a tremendous amount of activates centered on apparel buying, marketing, finance, apparel production, and other aspects of the business. My internship partnered me with the Head Buyer for the Laura Scott label, along with the rest of the buying team. On a daily basis I would work on my final project and complete tasks that the buying team needed assistance with. I would also shadow the buying team and accompany them in all of their meetings.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment